6th International Forest Engineering Conference: Quenching our thirst for new knowledge
FEC 2018 Preliminary Programme:
16th - 19th April 2018, Rotorua, New Zealand
Holiday Inn Hotel, Rotorua, New Zealand
Monday 16th - Company Visit/Workshop (optional) + Evening Ice-breaker
Day - In small groups attend a workshop hosted by local forestry entities. Choose from a range including machine manufacturers, forestry companies, and technology and research applications to get a close-up and personal NZ experience (for the full list click here (pdf, 286KB)). Please select your workshop preference when you register for the conference – places are limited.
Evening - Ice-breaker.
Tuesday 17th Main Day ‘Selected speakers’ + Conference Dinner
Morning: Keynote & plenary speakers, highlighting forest engineering innovations and industry developments from around the world.
Afternoon: Selected research speakers; including safety systems and practices, profitable forestry business & selected research projects.
Evening: Conference Dinner (cost included in registration).
Wednesday 18th – All day Tour
Tour: (1) Kawerau central processing plant; (2) Port of Tauranga + C3 Logistics; (3) Lunch at beach; and(4) Steep terrain harvesting with cable-assist and modern cable logging.
Thursday 19th – Research Presentations.
All day: Parallel sessions of 20 minute presentations selected from abstracts submitted. Finish at 3:00pm to allow people to travel ‘home’.
Making a Presentation or Poster at FEC2018:
To make an oral or poster presentation, please submit a short abstract. The dealine is 31st November, 2017. While all forest engineering related topics are considered, our themes include:
- Integration of new technologies for safer, lower impact and more productive systems
- New machine designs and applications of autonomous and remote control machinery
- Steep terrain harvesting developments including cable-assist and advanced yarder applications
- Safety and Ergonomics – putting systems in place that work
- Protecting environmental and social values
- Logistics, tractability, supply chain operations and international trade
- Forest Engineering in the new bio-economy
Please register here. Conference registration includes the ice-breaker, the two presentation days, the conference dinner and the field trip – as well as a conference polo-shirt! There is a small additional charge of $50 to register for the Monday ‘Company Visit/Workshops’ cover transportation and lunch (optional).
- Early Bird Registration (end Dec 31st 2017) NZ $825 (Note: approx. 530 Euros or US$570)
- Early Bird Student* Registration (end Dec 31st 2017) NZ $525
- Normal Registration (Through to 31st March 2018) NZ $975
* Must be registered Degree / Masters / PhD student at time of conference.
What is 'Forest Engineering Conference' (FEC)?
FEC is a group of enthusiastic people engaged in forest engineering (/all aspects of forest operations) that host an event every four years to provide an international forum to share research ideas and experiences. Find out what FEC is about (pdf, 197KB), how it is set up, information about the previous conferences and who is currently on the committee.
We are grateful for the following sponsors: